Who become Translators?
Any person expert in his native mother language can use it as a tool for converting software written in others language so that every one can learn from it.
But to make a translators it requires some platform for translations and some guidelines for translation.
Platform:: Transifex but why?
Transifex is an open-source platform for the localization of all types of projects.
- A rich web designed interface for submitting translations
- Tools to manage and host your projects
- Manage your project translation through various community
- It is open-source
- get translated in more than 273 languages.
Getting Started with transifex
- Register yourself by clicking here for sign-up.
- Send join language-team request for your native language
- Get accepted as a team member and start traslation
Some Basic Guidelines for Hindi Translations
- Before Translating must Go through the basics translation guidelines available on http://www.fuelproject.org/styleguide/index
- technical words should be left as usual
- For Special hindi terminology visit http://www.fuelproject.org/terminology
- Use google translator for suggestion
- use google transliteration as a web enriched editor for writing hindi translation
- use online dictionary such as shabdkosh.com for finding suitable meaning of that word
- An easy step towards contribution to open source
- get name for every word you translate. for example myself:click here
lets have a happy translations!!!