Few weeks ago, I met kushaldas and rtnpro.They inspired us to do translation by using transifex.It is the best way of contribution to open source.
i have talked the irc with rajeshr on #fedora-india channel.i have joined the fedora-india hindi translation team.
He gaves me some suggestion and basic books for understnading guidelines. that are available on www.fuel.project.org.
Following are the small projects that i have translated under fedora project .
i have completed these projects during feburary 20-24,2012 with the help of rajesh, rtnpro, aavrag and sayan chowdhury .
Google also helped me at a lot.
Who become Translators?
Any person expert in his native mother language can use it as a tool for converting software written in others language so that every one can learn from it.
But to make a translators it requires some platform for translations and some guidelines for translation.
Platform:: Transifex but why?
Transifex is an open-source platform for the localization of all types of projects.
- A rich web designed interface for submitting translations
- Tools to manage and host your projects
- Manage your project translation through various community
- It is open-source
- get translated in more than 273 languages.
Getting Started with transifex
- Register yourself by clicking here for sign-up.
- Send join language-team request for your native language
- Get accepted as a team member and start traslation
Some Basic Guidelines for Hindi Translations
- An easy step towards contribution to open source
- get name for every word you translate. for example myself:click here
lets have a happy translations!!!
First time in my college life i along with sayan,gaurav kumar and biraj karamkarorganised the first python workshop in Dr.B.C.Roy Engineering College,Durgapur at albert einstein seminar hall under Durgapur linux user group.The key speaker was KushalDas.
The Workshop started at 11:00 a.m.First and second year students of cse and it department attended the workshop.We are excited today that we have got our first fedora t-shirts.Kushaldas started the workshop by giving introduction to open source,linux followed by how different open source operating system come into existence Just like fedora.He also moved forward how to contribute to open source and how it helps us in our carrier in future.
After discussion we moved to next part for practical session in cse lab-03 to learn python from kushal das.He started the python programming with the introduction of functional programming i.e.scheme language.newbie learned how to write programs in python.they started it from hello world followed by calculator,condition checking,looking,string splitting,sorting of lists.They shows their interest in python through solving problems.Since python is meant for lazy people those who like to write less code.We helped the students in debugging python problems during practice session along with kushal das.
The Session ends with the distribution of fedora stickers among students.Thereafter we go for a photography with kushal at college in the evening.We are excepting that some of the contributors may come in future for open source.We are thinking of organising weekly meetings on fedora in our college.
Welcome to WordPress.com. After you read this, you should delete and write your own post, with a new title above. Or hit Add New on the left (of the admin dashboard) to start a fresh post.
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can always preview any post or edit it before you share it to the world.